MuleSoft (a Salesforce company) – From October 2018 – June 2019, assigned as a Delivery Manager at MuleSoft (augmented) to deliver the Anypoint Platform.
The MuleSoft mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Task / role responsibilities include;
• Complete MuleSoft product training and become an expert in the Outcome Based Delivery methodology (OBD)
• Learn MuleSoft Services team internal process as it relates to booking and revenue recognition, staffing and resourcing, partner engagement, and engagement kick-off and closure
• Own and manage at least one billable account in a solo capacity; take a leadership role in staffing accounts for extensions and subsequent SOWs
• Continue to enhance and expand MuleSoft Outcome Based Delivery methodology
• Work with Services leadership to help build out MuleSoft practice
• Become a key stakeholder in MuleSoft accounts renewal and add-on process through continuous collaboration with Engagement Managers, Customer Success, and Account Executives
• Ability to manage a portfolio – time management, prioritization, setting customer expectations
• Engagement Planning – technical understanding, strategic mindset, translating MuleSoft vision (API-Led) into a tangible project plan
• Engagement Execution – identify and mitigate risk, status reporting, and operations
• Post Engagement – ability to identify renewal and add-on opportunities, using lessons learned and looping them back into our internal best practices
• Deep program management experience managing multiple projects varying in size at one time; PMP / Scrum master certifications preferred
• Track record of executing projects from start to finish with a strong prioritization and time management POV
• Technical understanding to evangelize the MuleSoft vision and implement it into project / account planning
• Track record of reviving high pressure / at-risk accounts
• Highly collaborative with Services sellers, architects, consultants, third-party partners, and customers
• Generalist attributes between technology, consulting, project delivery, and internal practice building
• Familiar with NetSuite OpenAir or similar PSA tool
• Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodology
1) Completed fast ramp up of MuleSoft product training and became an expert in the MuleSoft Outcome Based Delivery methodology (OBD) for Agile delivery – augment contract extended 3 times
2) Successfully managed a UK MuleSoft portfolio of accounts – including time management, prioritization, setting customer expectations
3) Engagement Planning conducted successfully including technical understanding, strategic mindset, translating MuleSoft vision (API-Led) into tangible project plans
4) Engagement Execution – identified and mitigated risk, raised status reports and fielded the RAIDs log on daily calls as part of Agile ceremonies
5) Learned MuleSoft Services team internal processes as they relate to booking and revenue recognition, staffing and resourcing, partner engagement and engagement kick-off and closure
6) Owned and managed billable accounts in a solo capacity; taking on a leadership role in staffing accounts for extensions and subsequent SOWs
7) Continued to enhance and feedback to expand on the MuleSoft Outcome Based Delivery methodology
8) Worked with Services leadership to help build out the MuleSoft practice and track costs
9) Became a key stakeholder in MuleSoft accounts renewal and add-on process through continuous collaboration with Engagement Managers, Customer Success and Account Executives
Feedback from Linkedin at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markwhitfield
Technical Architect at MuleSoft
February 4, 2020, MARK worked with Ettore in the same group
I worked with Mark on a three-month-long MuleSoft Catalyst Launch project for a UK customer. In his capacity as engagement manager, Mark earned my trust after very few interactions and that is thanks to his humbleness and honesty. Mark brought structure to the delivery of the project and managed the customer expectations with the right tact and empathy. I would recommend Mark as a colleague and would be great to share other work experiences with him.
Integration Architect at Mars
November 7, 2019, Chandan reported directly to MARK
We rarely get a chance to work with Project Managers like Mark. It was a pleasure working with him for MuleSoft Professional Services. Even though he had to share his time across multiple MuleSoft Engagements, he managed our engagement with ease and calm, and he was always reachable. However tense a meeting/conversation is, Mark made sure everyone is calm and leaves with a smile. As a manager, Mark earns my highest recommendation.
Senior Technical Consultant at MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
October 23, 2019, Luke reported directly to MARK
I worked very closely with Mark for a number of months on an engagement Mark was leading and I have nothing but good things to say about his delivery style. Mark was always remarkably thorough – something which the client pointed out on a regular basis, and he also remained admirably calm in a highly pressurized environment. I never felt micromanaged by Mark – he always gave me the time and space necessary to allow me to deliver and it was clear he trusted me. Mark is a great guy and very easy to get on with. I really enjoyed working with him and would gladly do so again in the future.
Bhaskar Srikanth Naidu
MuleSoft Architect at McKesson
June 13, 2019, Bhaskar Srikanth worked with MARK but at different companies
As a Senior Architect/Consultant, I worked with Mark on a couple of key and complex accounts during his time at MuleSoft as a Delivery Manager. Mark was very proactive and collaborative in maintaining a very good and optimised pulse of activity in ensuring software deliveries and enablement to the client were tracked and reported and kept in-line with expectations. MuleSoft employ an Outcome Based Delivery (OBD) approach with a view to setting up a client-side Centre for Enablement (C4E). Mark was very thorough in tracking to this approach to delivery but also adaptable to client needs as appropriate. As a Senior Consultant at MuleSoft, I was always appreciative of Mark’s soft skills and friendly approach and his ability to keep our approach aligned with the plan so as to avoid unnecessary distractions and maintain the agreed priorities for the statement of work. I would be happy to recommend Mark going forward and hope we can work together again in the future. Thanks for all the support.
Regional Senior Manager, Customer Success UK&I at MuleSoft
June 10, 2019, MARK worked with Harry in the same group
As a Customer Success Manager it was always a great experience working with Mark as customers loved him. His was extremely detailed oriented and understood the often-complex needs of the customers. Mark never became flustered in high pressure situations and always delivered to the often-high expectations of the customer. Mark was a brilliant asset to the MuleSoft professional services team and I will miss working with him. I sincerely hope we get the chance to work together again the future.
Delivery Principal at MuleSoft, a Salesforce Company
June 7, 2019, MARK worked with Dorian in the same group
I’ve had the pleasure of working with Mark, when he delivered MuleSoft engagements on a secondment from Cap Gemini. He landed on new technology, new way of working and yet ramped up pretty quickly. He was very thorough, prompt, detailed and able to handle several engagements at the same time, under increasing customer pressure. I really enjoyed working with Mark and would recommend him to anyone who needs a delivery professional for demanding customers.
Andy Lawson (direct contact) –
Engagement Manager at MuleSoft – Professional Services
May 3, 2019, MARK worked with Andy in the same group
I wanted to thank you for your support during your assignment to MuleSoft over the last few months
You have been very helpful in planning, organising, controlling and communicating on the projects you have been allocated
These have included a number of client and internal challenges; you have taken these on positively and successfully progressed resolution where possible
Appreciate your help Mark, I hope our paths cross in the future