Wincor Nixdorf UK
September 2013 to December 2014: Wincor Nixdorf Limited (UK)
One, The Boulevard, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire. RG12 1WP
Position: Project Manager, Professional Services – Banking Division –
Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner, Agile SCRUM and ITIL – vetted to BS7858:2012
Worked on-site at Lloyds Banking Group (LBG), Halifax as the IT Project Manager assigned to manage the Wincor Nixdorf work stream (£5+ million) as part of the LBG Self-Service Software Replacement (SSSR) programme.
This programme of change required the upgrade of the entire LBG ATM hardware estate to run Windows 7 (from XP) and to transfer the ATM driving responsibility away from BASE24 Classic on HP NonStop to Wincor’s ProClassic Enterprise (PC/E) on the AIX platform running Oracle. The project completion date is currently end of 2015 to fully implement all 3 phases.
I received an award from Wincor Nixdorf in recognition of my achievements on this project.
Wincor PM Role includes:
- Taking responsibility for leading the Agile delivery of a banking project (or smaller multiple projects) for Wincor Nixdorf (WN) Banking Professional Services customers (Barclays, LBG). This includes application code development and management, integration and migration and involves the responsibility for revenue and profit for WN and responsibility for the delivery of business change and benefit to the customer
- The definition of each element of the project plan (Statement of Work (SoW), MS Project). The scheduling and management of all project activities, including the overall and detailed delivery schedules, project milestones and dependencies, acceptance criteria, quality criteria, commercial arrangements and financial parameters and management of sub-contractors / partners
- Responsibility for the project budget (P&L and weekly T&M burn rates using MS Excel) and ensuring delivery against financial targets set with walkthroughs with the bank
- Ensuring that all project ‘stakeholders’ (currently based in the UK, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands) are identified and sufficiently informed and involved during all stages of the project. Ensuring each individual ‘stakeholder’ provides high levels of personal and public support to the project
- Establishing and agreeing robust acceptance criteria for each element of the project, and its individual streams, which can be used to measure project performance and ensuring appropriate levels of customer ‘sign off’
- Management of project performance against the agreed and base lined plan and initiate ‘remedial’ action (or escalation), when required
- Ensuring appropriate and timely project reporting and escalation (within WN and to the customer)
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction throughout the project life cycle
- Ensuring the project is managed in accordance with the Wincor project management methodology, with regard to planning, control, status reporting, documentation, quality, change control, risk analysis and management
- Management of all human resources assigned to the project to ensure high levels of performance
Feedback from LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/markwhitfield
Java/Scala Consultant at HSBC
October 18, 2019, swaroop managed MARK directly
I worked with Mark in Wincor-Nxdorf. I found him very passionate, proactive about his job. He is very kind in his approach while dealing with people. I had a good time working with him.
Architect, Strategist, Problem Solver
January 11, 2016, Harry reported directly to MARK
I worked closely with Mark whilst delivering the Wincor Nixdorf PC/E banking solution for the Lloyds Banking Group. Mark was a pleasure to work with, possessing great communication skills and organisational ability. Mark would remain in constant communication with the development team, helping us organise and prioritise our workload so that we could focus on the technical deliverables. Mark could be relied upon to be pro-active in dealing with ever-changing customer requirements and was a key part of the team that successfully delivered the project.
Contract Java Developer
December 3, 2014, Pete reported directly to MARK
I worked as a developer for Mark throughout 2014 when he project managed the development team I was on. It was clear to me from the outset that due to his technical background and comprehension of the system’s complex business models, he had an ease and confidence in communicating on all levels within the team and client alike. His down-to-earth approach and energy to deliver is contagious and as such brings out the best in those that work with him. He is also a thoroughly nice chap with a wicked sense of humour and I would see him being an asset to any project team that he leads.
Cloud Technologist and Fintech Leader
December 2, 2014, Matt worked with MARK in different groups
I worked with Mark on a challenging project for a large UK Banking Group – implementing ProClassic/Enterprise and PC/E SmartClient (Win 7) to replace the existing ProCash/NDC (Win XP) Stacks on a variety of multivendor devices. I was impressed with his tenacity and task-based approach to management. He was conscientious in his RAID management and realistic in his project planning. He also has an open approach to communications – which makes working with him enjoyable. He also has a healthy sense of humour which should be a pre-requisite for all Project Managers.